Article and Guides
Pet Tips - Tips that will help you keep your pet safe and close to home
Tips to Prevent your pet from being lost or stolen
There are several steps you can take to keep your pets safe and reduce the likelihood that they’ll become lost or stolen.
- Provide your pet with a collar and ID tags. Include an up-to-date phone number where you can be reached.
- Have your pet microchipped. Microchips are an implanted form of identification equipped to access your contact information when scanned at a veterinary clinic or shelter.
- Spay/neuter your pet. Studies have shown that sterilized animals are less likely to roam.
- Keep them safe when you’re out and about. Animals love the outdoors but it is our responsibility to protect them. Keep them close to home and away from traffic, unfamiliar animals and those who may not concern themselves with your pet’s best interests.
- Leash your animal when outside—cats too! And keep them in your view at all times.
- Leave them comfortable at home. Never leave your dog leashed outside a store or unattended in the car, even if it’s locked or the windows are rolled down. .